Frequently asked questions

We have put together a list of the most frequently asked questions along with our answers.  If you have a question you would like us to answer, please do send us a message via the 'contact us' form.  We will do our best to answer your question.

How will the Coronavirus affect how we work with you?

We are all needing to make changes to the way we live and work during this difficult period.  We have created a page solely dedicated to the Coronavirus and how we will operate going forward.  Please read the inforamtion carefully and if you have any questions, please email us.

Our Coronavirus Page

How do I report maintenance?

From time to time things will stop working or break in the porperty or the communal areas.  If you identify such an issue, you must contact us as soon as possible.  We will assess the issue and take the necessary action.  This may require us to appoint a third party contractor to carry out the necessary works.  We ask that you email us the issue with your name, address, up-to-date contact details and as much information about the issue as possible. 

If an issue arises which could cause danger to life, then we ask that you contact us immediately by phone and we will give instructions, but if you are unable to communicate with us then we ask that you contact the emergency services by phone on 999.  There is a section on this page about what you should do in case of a fire, we strongly advise that you read this.

Report maintenance

Who do I contact about rent and other invoice matters?

If you are a private tenant of ours or a commercial tenant then you will need to direct your enquiries to us via email.  You should email us at which will be picked up by our accounts team who will answer you accordingly.  If you do not receive a reply within 5 working days then do call us to ensure we have received your email.

If you are a tenant who has been placed in one of our properties by the council (temporary accommodation) then you must direct your questions to the local authority that you are assocated with.

What do I do about bills?

When you first move into a property, you must contact the relevant utility providers (gas, water and electric), council tax and media providers, so as to set up your new account in your name(s).  The sooner you do this, the less likely you will recieve a large bill further down the line.  Be sure to provide them with the meter readings from when you entered the porperty, which will allow the companies to accurately calculate your bill.

Electric:    0800 029 4285

Gas:   0870 608 1524 or click here

What is a property inspection?
So as to ensure a good upkeep of the property and to identify any unreported maintenance issues, we will regularly conduct inspections. 
A date and time will be given to you.  We will try to accommodate your availability, however if you are unable to attend, we will carryout the inspection without you being present. 
During the inspection, we will check that you are following the rules set out in our ‘Welcome Pack’.  The inspection will cover the following:
  • Damages & maintenance
  • Property condition
  • Signs of pets
  • Disposal of rubbish
  • Signs of smoking
  • Fire safety equipment
  • Signs of pests

During the inspection, you should point out any maintenance issues in the property, which will be logged.
Following our inspection, a report will be generated and the necessary actions will be taken.  You will be notified, as well as your housing officer (if applicable), of any actions you are required to take in order to abide by the terms of the ‘Welcome Pack’.

What is condensation & mould?
To avoid the effects of condensation and mould forming in your property, we ask that you read and abide by the attached guide (Guidance for tackling condensation and mould in your home).  If your property subsequently suffers from condensation and mould, and it is found to be your fault, you will be liable for the necessary treatment works.
A big cause of condensation in the property is from drying wet clothes in rooms, for this reason, we strongly recommend that when installing a washing machine, you acquire a washer dryer combined or a separate condensing dryer.  This will allow you to dry your clothes and avoid the causes of condensation.
You should never place wet clothes on radiators, especially electric heaters.   Read this useful Guide to tackle condensation and mould.

What certificates do I need for my commercial premises?

As a business, you are required to have valid certificates.  These include:

  • Extractor Cleaning Certificate - Once cleaned to TR19 a cleaning certificate will be produced to verify compliance with Health & Safety obligations & Insurance requirements.
  • Commercial kitchen CP42 Gas Safety Certificate - This is issued annually by a registered Gas Safe engineer to cover all gas installation and appliances in your kitchen.
  • Electrical Installation Condition Report - An inspection and associated testing to check whether an electrical installation is in a satisfactory condition for continued service. On completion of the necessary inspection and testing, an Electrical Installation Condition Report will be issued detailing any observed damage, deterioration, defects, dangerous conditions and any non-compliance with the present-day safety standard which might give rise to danger.
  • Fire Risk Assessment
  • Business Insurance

Depending on the nature of your business, you will need all or some of these certificates, contact  us or your local authority to confirm.  We shall require all certificates to be sent to us as and when updated.

How do I contact about my shop rent and invoices?

We ask that you email all rent and invoicing queries.  If you do not receive a reply within 48 hours, do call us to ensure we received your email.

During your tenancy with us, if you experience any financial difficulties, do contact us immediately to discuss a way forward.