Advice From EDF Energy
Looking after our Prepayment customers
During these unprecedented times, the Coronavirus is impacting all our lives in various unexpected ways. We want to make sure that you as Prepayment customer remain on supply, that you know what steps you can take to manage your energy and how we can help.
We’re closely following the government’s latest guidance on Coronavirus - you can read our Coronavirus specific FAQs here.
Steps you can take
• Stay topped up on credit, and keep an eye on your balance. If you can, consider topping up more than you normally would to make sure you don’t run out.
• If you’re self-isolating, where possible arrange for a friend/family member to top-up your key or card for you. If this is not possible, please contact us on 0333 200 5110 and our team can support.
• Be aware you may use more energy than normal if you’re self-isolating. You can find energy efficiency advice here.
• If you have a non-urgent query you can text or WhatsApp us on 07480 802942 and our team will respond as soon as possible.
How you can top-up
• Top-up over the counter at your local Payzone, Post Office, or PayPoint. You have access to over 50,000 locations across the UK – please consider that you might need to travel a little bit further if one is closed.
Places you can top up your credit include:
Lost Prepayment key/card
Get in touch with us as soon as possible, we’ll arrange for a new one to be delivered to a shop nearby.
If you're struggling to pay
If you've been impacted by COVID-19, and this means that you have trouble paying, please contact us on 0333 200 5110 for support.
If you smell gas, think you have a gas leak or have any concerns regarding carbon monoxide, immediately open all windows and doors, extinguish any naked flames then call the Gas Emergency Services free on 0800 111 999.
Your electricity network distributor looks after your electricity supply. If there’s an electrical emergency or power outage at your home, simply call 105 from your mobile or landline.
Help and support
Visit our website for general help and support, and other ways to get in touch.
Calls to UK wide numbers are included in any inclusive call plan you may have. If you don’t have an inclusive call plan, calls are charged at a national rate. Please check with your service provider if you’re unsure.